Sunday, May 23, 2010

Tomato Zucchini Tart - One of My Favourite Veggie Dishes

This Tomato Zucchini Tart is one of my favourite veggie side dishes. I thought I would change things up today and rather than simply share what I cooked, I am actually telling you HOW to do it too. A kind of recipe post I guess.
This is a really easy dish to make and delicious!
What you need:

Some type of baking ware or pan (mine is clear Pyrex), doesn't matter the size, that depends on how many people you are feeding! :) This one is 9X12
As with the pan, the amount of ingredients needed depends on the size of your tart. I use what is known as "The Doreen Method" (see my mother's blog for info) of cooking, which means use what you have, or more, or less and above all improvise!
So for this particular tart I used:
1/2 of a large Onion
4 cloves of Garlic
4 Roma Tomatos (you can use other types but I love their flavour)
1/2 of a large Zucchini (I think it was like a foot long)
Parmesan Cheese
Oil/Butter


With a bit of butter (or oil) in the pan begin carmelizing the onions. While this is happening you can dice the garlic and slice up the tomato and zucchini.


Fresh garlic is best! Aren and I love garlic so I always put lots in.

On this particular night we also had potatoes, corn and Aren had marinated steak. Seems like one of the four tomatos ran away....at least it made it to the tart! Once the onions start to soften you can add the garlic. Cook these untl they are a nice golden brown. Your pan needs to be oiled and then the onion/garlic mixture spread inside.

Now layer the Zucchini and Tomato onto the onion/garlic mixture.

Lastly pour as much, or as little, parmesan cheese onto the veggies.
Place in the oven at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown.

I am sorry I don't have a finished product photo, but it seems that everyone was famished and couldn't wait any longer to eat supper.
Enjoy! Bon Appetit!


2 comments:

Pris said...

This is one of my favourite thigns to make as well! Except with Peppers instead of Tomatoes... yum yum!

Unknown said...

No Tomato? Lol