Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Neuschwanstein in 2000

Hello everyone! Another beautiful day here at Ekati.
Happily it wasn't too crazy here at work even though Wednesdays tend to be our busiest what with it being the main turnaround day and all. Over the next few weeks I will be sharing photos of some of the artwork that is hanging on my walls. I hope you will enjoy it and would love to hear your thoughts.
This is a painting I did when I was 15 (back in 2000) and still in school. Even before I had gone to Bavaria (or Neuschwanstein for that matter) I was absolutely in love with it. The scenery is simply breathtaking.
This was during the time when everything I did was blue. Paintings, clothing, even the walls of my room! I still like blue a lot but I have branched out to include other colours in my work. This particular painting is currently hanging in our entryway.

A birdseye view of the castle. I wish I had some of the photos from when Aren and I visited the actual castle in 2006 with me here at camp, perhaps another day. To get this spectacular view in real life you would need to be on a mountain, in a helicopter or a bird. There is a bridge (which in relation to the painting would be located on the left side) from which you can view the castle but it affords a side view - absolutely spectacular nonetheless.
Cheers!

1 comment:

Tracy Krauss said...

10 years ago already? I still like it. It is cool and balanced and textured ... and very your style, even though you have matured as an artist.