Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Conceptual Dress Featured in Edmonton Fashion Week

This is a dress I made while I was still attending school in Edmonton. Although I can't quite remember the assignment name, it had to do with creating an outfit from the unexpected or a least using unconventional materials to create an outfit. The dress was made from yards and yards of purple fabric and then I made a woven metal "frame" if you will, for the dress. All of the material used was repurposed in some way. It was featured during Edmonton Fashion Week in Spring of 2008. Some of the pictures were taken in one of the classroom while I was presenting at school, the others with the lovely Ivana Spadafora modelling.
The bows and tulle at the back were meant to be a spoof on a train and how normally a lot of this material will be found underneath of the dress and not on top. I added some bits of lace and used ribbon to do it up on the back. I was really happy with how it all turned out in the end. I have included a picture of the sketch I made of the dress as well. Enjoy!










Hope you are all having a wonderful week!

2 comments:

Tracy Krauss said...

Wow! You never cease to amaze! I loved that dress - it looks even better in real life - and the concept drawing is devine. (seriously) Maybe you should be getting into fashion illustration. You are really good!

Tracy Krauss said...

yikes! I spelled 'divine' wrong!