Tuesday, October 13, 2009

New Refashions for Little Girls - Dresses/Skirts

I was away this weekend at my parents for Thanksgiving, so no sewing. I did however regift my mother's skort back to her in it's various forms. I still think the pig is quite hilarious. So moving on, I stayed at my sister's NEW HOUSE overnight and she was getting rid of a bunch of her clothing. Of course I took some of it to repurpose into fun and fabulous things. I don't know why but I am currently obsessed with little girls dresses and clothing so all three of these projects are for small girls.

The first is a ladies shirt which I made into a little girls summer dress. It was quite simple to do as I only changed the top of the shirt.

The dress ties in the back between the shoulders so that it can be adjusted to fit.

This is SO simple it is ridiculous. This was a ladies short summer skirt.

By gathering it together it is now a toddlers skirt. All season if you sew up some tights/leggings to go with it.


This last one is not finished yet but I couldn't help posting it today. Here you have a women's calf length blue velvet skirt.

And here we have a lovely but not quite done baby dress. The collar and sleeves need lace and I don't currently have anything in my sewing room that matches. Once the weather (hopefully) gets a tad warmer I may venture out to buy something suitable. Until then it remains in the unfinished project pile.

1 comment:

Pris said...

Maybe you are pregnant. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!