We have had these kitchen chairs for almost three years now, stock from Ikea, and I was starting to get a bit tired of them to be honest. They were a bit scuffed and the screws in the legs made them look cheap. I started by covering the screws and any of the cracks with wood filler and sanding it down. Two of the chairs needed additional wood filler so I left them on the deck and began painting on the remaining two. I must say that I made a bit of a mistake with the white paint I bought for this project. If I could do it all again I would pay more money for a better paint. I purchased BEHR for my other project and would recommend it to anyone. It required only one coat whereas this white paint has had about three coats already! Well I guess you learn something new everyday.
Old chair with wood filler.