Thursday, October 8, 2009

Skort Upcycle 2 - Refashioned Into Apron

As you know I still had loads of this Skort left from my Piggy post. Looking at the back portion of the skirt it occurred to me that it would make a cute and functional apron what with the existing pockets and all. I didn't take photos during but loads of after pictures. I used the hem around the short portion to make the tie.
Pretty easy all in all!

The Old Skort...again! :)


New Apron!

Apron Tie
The waistband contrast fabric is a nice added touch.

Pocket Detail.
The pockets are actually zippered, I guess in case you think you might lose something while cooking.

Do people actually put spatulas in their aprons? It looks like it might be a messy idea...

Flat, folded.
I am really happy with the way that this turned out! Now I should make a mini matching apron for the little piggy. I am only kidding, that would be overkill for sure. Although there are STILL the shorts from this skort to use up. It never ends.

2 comments:

The Sewing Dork said...

Very pretty! I think I need one of these now...

Pris said...

Looks WAY bettera as an apron... in fact that is perfect apron material! Although... aprons without tops are useless. I wear an apron everyday, make me on with a top!