Thursday, December 2, 2010

Cooking, Reading and Watching Movies

Hello all of you in cyberspace!
I took the vehicle in for servicing and had a chance to do a little reading while I waited. I am not near to being finished the book but it is a really good read and I would recommend it to anyone who feels that they are rushing through life too fast. I bought it at the thrift shop yesterday for $3.99. Awesome.


For lunch today I made a panini sandwich - amazing! I used french bread with a bit of butter on the outside and some mayo on the inside. I sliced up some Roma tomato and mozzarella cheese and fried some onions, garlic and  fresh mushroom to make it delicious. Naturally I chopped up extra onion and garlic for tonight's supper and I am glad I did - that turned out to be a particularly potent onion and I had tears in my eyes (this hasn't happened in... oh .... a long time anyway).


Grilling grilling grilling! Thanks to my Mum who bought us the panini press a while back.
It makes good food!


My Lunch.
Sliced apples, Panini, Water and Glogg.
Glogg is basically Swedish spiced (non alcoholic) wine and since I can never find Gluhwein (German spiced wine) at the store I bought a few bottles when I found this. You can add wine to it of course and I do have a recipe to make my own Gluhwein from scratch but decided to try this. It is really sweet so I have been mixing it with water to keep it from being too overpowering.

Panini Close-Up

I am still hard at work on my button covered pillow. It is definitely a lot more work than I thought it would be, but so far it looks wonderful.
And last but not least two pictures of my supper :
Tomato Zucchini Tart and Swedish Potatoes. Yum Yum.


Hopefully I will finish the button pillow soon, but for now I have plans to watch a movie entitled:



I'll let you know how I liked it tomorrow.
Ciao!!

Lydia


2 comments:

Tracy Krauss said...

Hooray! Good to see you back in cyberspace. Your food looks like it came out of a magazine. any chance we'll see those Halloween costumes?

Pris said...

Mmm... Mum must have been on a panini kick becaseu we got one too! Also I LOVE the pillow! Wow!!