Monday, August 24, 2009

Lamp Revamp Project


It all started with a lamp from Goodwill. It was a hideous rose pink colour with flowers painted on the base but I forgot to take a before picture! I made a stencil out of newspap to make a white out design on the shade. The idea was to have whited out areas with painting around it.


Here we have the beginning of the painting showing the henna inspired design that I drew on the shade. I used a variety of paints, acrylic mostly.


The finished lampshade with all of the angles shown. I am really happy with how it all turned out.



2 comments:

Pris said...

I LOVE THIS! You will have to make me something as a house warming present now that I am buying a hosue... just a thought. We should plana get together with all of us girls and Mum and we can re-vamp my house... painting, sewing curtains, etc.

Unknown said...

Yay!!!! That would be sooo much fun! I can't believe you have your own house now!! That is so fun!We will have to plan it sometime when we can all come... I am only out until Sept 6th this time.